I decided to add a catch/breather to the vent. It's not a requirement, but because I had already purchased the catch I decided to add it.It will catch any excess gear oil that finds its way out of the vent during 5th and possibly 6th gear. The problem was finding a location that was above the vent with the space.
Brandwood Cable Shifter
I've mounted it using bolts and lock nuts. I may change this an weld the mounts to the frame. Either way it's secure.
Axles and CV Joints
Completed the trans-axle side CV Joint install on both axles. My CV joints are used so I cleaned them thoroughly and inspected them for potential failure wear. I did one at a time as to use the other for reference as these can be reassembled incorrect. First wiping them clean of all grease and them using brake/parts cleaner for any remaining grease. I then reassembled and placed the boot and flange (and then the Speed Gear one one) followed by the CV joint. I then placed it in the vise and used a dead blow hammer to completely seat the CV joint. I could not get the C clip on with out doing this. I then held it in the vise and put the C clip on. I pushed it with a flat head screw driver at multiple points to ensure it was seated. Then I forced the grease into both sides followed by filling up to the flange and the cup of the grease cap. The lock clips and bolts were next. If you're familiar with the forum you know that the corvette side C clip requires a home made tool to install with the best chance of not shearing the clip. I'm mentally preparing myself for a small scale battle. I'll up date right after I conquer the CV Joint.
Corvette CV Joints installed
I used the vise to separate the CV joint for the corvette axle after removing as much grease I could. With them separated I was able to remove more of the old grease. To install the C clip I used 1.5" strip of very thin aluminum sheeting that I picked up at the local hardware store and a clamp. The homemade tool held the C clip in while the axle was pushed into the cv joint. The only issue I had was that i could not get the corvette or the small porsche boot clamps to work. I've replaced them with standard clamps for now, but may take the axles to a transmission/drive line shop and have them install them.
Porsche G50-20 2. 6Speed Transaxle. Brandwood Cable Shifter. KEP Cluth System.
The transaxle is the Porsche G50-20.2 from a 98 993 with less than 30k miles. It passed all of the simple test per the build manual, but I couldn't trust just installing it with out really knowing how the internals were. So the transaxle was shipped to GBox for inspection. Stan inspected the box to find it was in very good condition. The 5th gear was replaced for the stock ratio and the 6th was replaced with a taller ratio. There's a file below with the new ratio and speeds for each gear. Stan also inverted the box and modified the reverse gear spring so it's easier to place into reverse. I cleaned and sprayed two coats of alumiblast followed by high temp clear as the alumiblast did not have the gloss I wanted.